Importance of Posting Your Pet's Picture
In this day and age, everyone takes photos to keep their memories in an album for all the generations to see. This is not only important for people, it is important for our pets...and you have no idea how important!
Pet owners have a very difficult time describing exactly how their pets look. There is a big difference between an Australian Shepherd and an Australian Terrier, between brown and tan and between patches and brindle.
Now picture that difficulty when a pet is lost.
Taking updated pictures of your pet should be as normal as taking pictures at your sister's wedding. If your pet is lost, these pictures can speed up the process by which you or someone else finds them.
Here are a few things you can do:
1. During the first two years of your pet's life, take a picture of them at least every two months. This will take care of their change in growth and appearance.
2. After the first two years, take their picture at least once a year.
3. Keep a picture of your pet both as a hard copy and as a digital copy on your computer. Whether you own a digital camera or not, there are 24-hour photo locations that can take a role of film and turn it into a digital photo.
4. Keep these photos in a safe place in your house or on your computer.
5. Know how to attach these photos to an email, a document or into a website like Lostandpound.com.
It is very important to keep a picture of your pet handy at all times. If they are ever lost, it could be the difference that helps you reunite with your pet.